Sunday, July 24, 2011

This is the path to wealth and enlightenment. Jessie really digs my get-rich-quick-through-a-diet-scheme idea. She keeps hounding me that we need to write a book. Yesterday I came up with the concept, even tried it out to great effect. Let me tell you what happened. Returning from the somewhat stressful events of car shopping in Bangor, I started thinking how it would be nice to tear off a hunk of the French bread I'd purchased that was sitting in the trunk. The next thing you know I've pulled off to the side of Route 9 and I'm stepping out into the furnace to retrieve the nutrient deficient loaf. Well, needless to say, on the long drive that followed I didn't just tear off a hunk; I ate the whole thing. So the next morning I'm thinking, time for recompense. That's when I came up with the million-dollar idea. Fav-D (Fruit & Veg Day). Whenever you've been bad--hangover, ice cream, whatever--you spend the next day eating nothing but fruit and vegetables. I actually quite enjoyed it, feasting on mangos, kiwis, greens, smoothies and gazpacho. Of course we'll need to flesh the thing out by, you know, maybe coming up with a bit of text, but I thought I'd give you a sneak peak into the process of how an empire is born.

No comments:

Post a Comment