Friday, July 8, 2011

Yes, I'll still be a plant-eater out on the trail. I leave Sunday for the 100 Mile Wilderness + Katadhin, so what you see pictured above is an 8-day supply of dehydrated veggies. I'll have them with instant whole grain brown rice every night for dinner. For lunch I'll have peanut butter and dried fruit on a tortilla. Breakfast will be just like home: oatmeal, fruit and soy milk (powdered). Sounds lacking in variety, I suppose, but I will also have the special treat of chocolate covered almonds and iced mint green tea.
A couple of people have mentioned to me that they tried to leave comments to no avail. Even Max (techno-geek) couldn't make it happen, so I'll stop taking those zeros so personally. I believe Max wanted to say something about the Burpee Challenge which he has finally begun. He's on day 6 or 7, so he may have already reached the point where he's not exactly loving me for the suggestion.

1 comment: