Saturday, March 31, 2012

Today was a day of many delights. First thing this morning we walked on the beach at Roque Bluffs, then took off for St. Andrews where we strolled around Kingsbrae Gardens, had a nice lunch and did a wee bit of shopping. I bought some Adams Peak White Tea that is grown in Sri Lanka and only harvested at night--there was even more to the story than that, but I couldn't keep it all straight. The shopkeeper told me that she drinks it every morning and that it wards off colds and even speeded her father's recovery from cancer. Potent stuff, I guess, but with a mild, pleasing flavor (I'm drinking it right now!). So between that and the apple cider vinegar, I just may never get sick again.
We've been to the gardens before, but there was something special about being there off-season. There was nobody else there (not even workers), which somehow added to the magic, and even though much was dormant, we happened on some vibrant groundcover that really popped against the wheaty background. Not only that, we got to commune with peacocks and llamas.
I took quite a few photos, which I look forward to sharing over the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment