Friday, April 2, 2010


Tomorrow I pick up a woodstove in Lubec that my friend Stan is gifting me. I'll put it in the woodshed which henceforth very well might be known as the sugar shack. At any rate, it's barrel-shaped and looks perfect for the job. Free stuff that I can actually put to use--nice!

Straight after getting home from work Cara and I started our spring clean-up in the yard. Gives you a good feeling to get a handle on stuff like that, though perhaps not so good as it's going to be to eat the steaks Cara is frying up as we speak. I do remember, even as a kid, feeling so much better after I cleaned my room, though that act was nevertheless on the infrequent side.

The only sense I can make of this post is that I'm trying to prove how truly hum-drum a life I lead; yet that makes me so happy. After two weekends away, it is just so darn nice to be home. So, that's about it I guess. Have a great weekend... and clean your room!

1 comment:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!! Hope you have a GREAT day and your "new" stove gives you many hours of joy making your great syrup.

    ReplyDelete