Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Thought I'd catch you up on a couple of my silly milestones. Last week I hit the 100-day mark in the no-coffee crusade. I had told myself I could go back to it, but that I had to last one hundred days. I've stopped counting the days, but I have no plans of falling off the wagon--though who plans to fall off the wagon? Makes me sound weak, but I am strong. To prove it I did today's insane Crossfit workout: 50 pull-ups/10 burpees/40 pull-ups/20 burpees/30 pull-ups/30 burpees/20 pull-ups/40 burpees/10 pull-ups/50 burpees. That's 150 of each, which means I've passed the 3,000 mark in my quest to do 5,000 burpees in 100 days. Actually I'm a good bit ahead of schedule, but I doubt I'll slow down, because I just want to get it over with and get on with my life!
P.S. I keep forgetting to respond to Camille, who, as always, is so kind. As far as the core strength question goes, pretty much every full-body exercise is good for your core. But what could be better than the Burpee Challenge. Go for it, Camille! Remember, it's 1 burpee on day 1, 2 on day 2, and just keep going like that until you hit 100.

No comments:

Post a Comment