Thursday, November 3, 2011

While I was out toiling away at the gym, Cara got a nice shot of one of our regular backyard visitors. It's hunting season--in fact I heard a rifle shot just as I started writing this sentence--but the deer no doubt relax at our house knowing that we're plant-eaters. Still, I have to say, from a health perspective venison is probably a best bet. I was about to say that a wildlife diet probably hasn't been studied, but then I sort of remember reading about the long life-span of native Alaskans who eat nothing but seal meat. Once again, in my opinion, it's not about whether it's meat or vegetable; it's processed food that's the real killer. Well, sorry for the rant. I guess it's on my mind since this Thanksgiving will be our first truly vegan affair.

No comments:

Post a Comment