Friday, December 9, 2011

After injuring my shoulder trying to keep up with Jake with the weightlifting, I decided to take up swimming. Jessie was home for Thanksgiving from Colby, and she agreed to join me at the pool. We each took our lanes and commenced to swimming. When I reached the wall the lane next to me was empty, so, seeing as how I'd put in an all-out effort, I figured Jessie was a few strokes behind me. As it turned out she was a few strokes from the wall--at the other end of the pool. She had swum two lengths of the pool in the time it took me to swim one. Anyway, tonight I went to the pool with the idea of swimming a mile, which I was proud to accomplish. Problem is, when I got home Jake straightened me out on the math and, naturally, I'd swum something less than that magic number. But at least now I have a new goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment