Tuesday, December 6, 2011

This is the breakdown of practically every conference I attend: 97 women, 3 men (at least one of whom has a pony-tail). Then they talk about how important it is for young boys to have good role models. Yet since I became a social worker, the number of men in helping professions has actually diminished. Yeah, we're going backwards.
It was fun being in Portland, I'll tell you that. We so enjoyed just walking around, popping into a couple of stores and eating at the Green Elephant, an awesome vegan restaurant. Even before I became a plant eater I loved brussel sprouts, and they made them fried with tamari sauce. Delicious.
We also got to see Pop and Debbie, who introduced us to a man named Michael who has owned 35 cars. That's more than me, people. I don't hold the world record after all.
My Jessie Sweets has written a short story about a political aide who's facing up to the fact that his life is empty. I can't even imagine how a 19 year-old could fathom the depth of feeling that is evoked by the main character, but I guess you can do anything when you're brilliant and beautiful.
Lucky for me, my heart is bursting full of love and purpose. After all, I'm a role model!

2 comments:

  1. Yes she is brilliant and beautiful. We also had a great evening with you. Love ya,Pop

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are too generous, but I love you more than the world. Keep warm.

    ReplyDelete