Thursday, December 8, 2011

People tell me things. Now when I say "people," I mean my wife. For instance, people tell me that I am highly disciplined; so why do I feel like a sloth? You see, you can't trust people. You can say you're a people person, but what does that mean, you prefer people to being thrown in the tiger cage? By the way, I do trust my wife. She has hit me up with nothing but love and devotion for a quarter of a century or something. But in the end, she's what? People. And people, you know, they're not to be trusted. I mean, I trust my wife, I already said that, but how do I know she's not just buttering me up so I'll give her a back rub? Or using some sort of insidious female trick to get me to clean the house. Like, "I know, I won't tell him what a lazy slug he is so that he'll go and get the vacuum cleaner and straighten up a little bit." Wives, family members, friends, work mates--they're all people! Where can you turn for the truth? And don't bother looking at yourself in the mirror, because, you yourself, you're people of the worst lying kind.

No comments:

Post a Comment