Thursday, May 13, 2010

Blueberry barren above the walking trail. Not much to report, sort of into a blog fade. I'll blame it on being away for a couple of days--stuck in Augusta for a conference. I don't know, but sometimes I feel like no matter where I go it's nothing but exit ramps, parking lots and chain restaurants out of a science fiction movie. For instance, Cara and I ate at a Texas Roadhouse that served food that tasted like a slab of salt. The wait staff has this forced gaiety that's supposed to make the place seem festive (they all line up and dance to an upbeat country song) but it's so blatantly canned. Hey, I know I'm a curmudgeon; but it's my blog and I'll be a sourpuss if I want to...

2 comments:

  1. There should be a law against asking any kind of wait person to repeated canned phrases. I can't get a simple cup of coffee at Borders without being asked for my 1.) Borders reward card 2.) if I'd like something to eat with my drink 3.) would I like to fill out a survey. It's the same at CVS, Borders, these restaurants. One day there will be a restaurant that succeeds because it will advertise: "We don't tell our staff what to say. Come eat at a real place."

    ReplyDelete