Saturday, May 15, 2010


This is not an Easter egg. As I was working out back today I noticed a bird (which I could not identify, though I don't think it would stump your typical backyard ornithologist) rooting around in the blackberry bushes. When Cara came out to stroll the property with me she heard the same bird, then saw this gift of life. Doesn't seem to be receiving much by way of incubation, but hopefully mommy just left her post momentarily due to our disturbance.
I'll keep you posted.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a robin's egg. You know "robin's egg blue"... a popular Benjamin Moore color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I know why my wife can't go to the hardware store without bringing home paint chips (color samples); it's genetic. Thanks for the info, though--and see you soon!

    ReplyDelete