Sunday, May 2, 2010


We decided to buy a woodstove for the sunroom, which will be the new base of operations come sugaring season; so, there was no real need to put the free stove in the shed and it does take up some space. But after wearing a bug baffler all weekend, I got the bright idea to use the stove on the deck as a smudge pot. Works beautifully, and now I can enjoy the outdoors without being stuck in the nylon cage.


I just can't seem to get a picture that depicts what I'm doing, which is lining the path with a zig-zag wall of firewood. I guess it would help if I climbed a tree, but I don't have the energy. Stacking wood can be tedious or meditative, depending on your perspective. I'm trying to be creative in order to sustain my interest, though, in the end, stacked neatly or left in a clump, it's all going up the chimney.

No comments:

Post a Comment