Monday, July 19, 2010


I had this idea of hiking the 10-mile loop at the Bold Coast 10 days in a row this summer, but once Ernie and I put together our AT itinerary I scuttled that plan. However, I probably will end up hiking the Bold Coast at least 10 times in '10 (possibly already have). Today's hike went by in a flash because I so enjoyed the conversation with Matt (pictured above). He used to live in Machias, now resides in South Carolina, and is soon to return to school in Idaho. Yet he can't quite get Maine out of his system and is hoping to make a home here someday. He's thinking of building his own place with a big garden, chickens, the whole self-sufficient shebang. As I told him today as we sat on the flat rocks for lunch, I wish I was thinking that way at his age. Pretty much a happiness guarantee in my book.

No comments:

Post a Comment