Friday, August 27, 2010

I've tried, for the most part, to shy away from the political, but now I'm thinking it's time to speak my mind. You wanna know what makes me want to throw up? Pictures of so-called liberals protesting wind farms. No coal, no deepwater drilling--OK, I get that; but no wind power, because it ruins your view? Please. These same people, with their Prius cars and IPads and cell-phones, believe they're the righteous ones--but it's just a different flavor of the same old HYPOCRISY. I'm a hypocrite myself, I make no bones about it, but at least I understand there's no perfect solution. Everything we do is a trade-off--natural fact--and losing the precious view from Martha's Vineyard to save the planet, hmmm.... Thoughts?

3 comments:

  1. The modern liberal enterprise is largely a self-negating exercise in nonsense. It never ceases innovating new ways to confound even it's own practitioners.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "We have found the enemy... and it is us!".

    ReplyDelete
  3. On my camping trip I saw a petition hanging on a tree (by the canoe ferry) and was so excited to sign, but when I got closer I saw that it was a petition against creating wind farms. On the Appalachian Trail! Crazy world.... :(

    ReplyDelete