Thursday, August 26, 2010

You gotta understand that Birch Wisdom/Wisdom in the Birches--it means nothing. Not even close to the original name I wanted, which is itself lost to the faulty memory. I'm sticking with BW, though, because Birch Wisdom is what it is. Remember how I started out with my Tao interpretations? What happened to that? Too much happiness is what killed it. All this sunshine and fun is not conducive to reflection. It's dreary and gray right now, though, and this winter, according to my neighbor Bob, promises to be long and hard (with lots of snow). So I'll probably get my existential groove back, which means you can all relax and stop pestering me for poetry.

1 comment:

  1. I thought "BW" meant "Beautiful Wife". Earl Wilson, the columnist, always used that expression when referring to his wife.

    If you are counting on a long,dreary,gray cold and snowy winter to get back into your "existential groove" I will read your "Birch Wisdom/Wisdom in the Birches", or whatever you want to call it, from Costa Rica. I will be thinking of all of you in the "sunshine and fun" that I will be enjoying on the sandy beaches. That's my way of being conducive to reflection.
    Love ya,
    Pop
    P.S. I have already picked out your flannel shirt for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete