Saturday, August 21, 2010

Well, today's the big day in Machias. Yes, it's Blueberry Festival time. A couple of years ago ESPN showed up to film the blueberry pie eating contest (of which our very own Eve is a former champion). But there's probably nothing in our sporting history to match our friend Walt's breakout performance in today's Blueberry Run. He blasted out of the gate and crushed the competition in his division (Pharmacists from Cleveland). Now just imagine what he would have done if he hadn't eaten ALL OF THAT CHEESECAKE. At least he doesn't scarf down a chocolate coconut donut on a daily basis (Mitchell!!!!).

4 comments:

  1. I know your thinking of stopping the blog, but I think it would be perfect to wake up every morning at Colby and read my father's words of wisdom. I say keep it up. And looking good, Walter! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Walter, start your own blog at Colby..."Walter's Words of Wisdom"..."WWW".
    Pop:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Jessie, next year even better I hope.I hope you have a great year at Colby..no, I know you'll have a great year.See you next time around.

    ReplyDelete