Thursday, August 19, 2010

Late bloomers in our Rosa Rugosa patch. Jake goes back to UMaine tomorrow; Jessie leaves for Colby in less than two weeks; Eve's hobnobbing with the likes of Stephen King (buys his own cat food; well I'll be darned) and Cara and I prepare for life in the empty nest.

You know how I have that pathological car-buying thing? Well, I've owned my car now for just about three years--probably a personal record. So today this guy (shall remain nameless) literally just drops a car off in my driveway. His mother died recently and he's convinced that I'm the one to buy her car. Of course, I love the car (Volvo S60, if you're curious) but the fleet's quite large enough, thank you.

No, no, no: I've got to have it. So which of you followers wants to buy a 2007 Subaru (that's right, I'll secretly sell Cara's car)? You know what they say: once a used car salesman, always a used car salesman.

2 comments:

  1. You buy us a parking space, we'll buy your Ford!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's like that classic commercial with the cereal. "Let's see what Mikey thinks" You're Maine's favorite car appraiser.

    ReplyDelete