Monday, January 4, 2010


The night sky as viewed during my post-work snowshoe. People wonder how you can live in a place so remote, but the opportunity to get out into nature on a daily basis is worth more to me than I can describe. I was able to follow my tracks in the snow pretty well, but when it got pitch dark I wore the wind-up lantern Cara got me for Christmas around my neck. I took a self-portrait (which I will post upon request!) and I actually looked like a character from one of those low-budget horror movies.

American Tao -- no. 6

Endless
in the blink
of an eye.

You and me,
our day will come.
While leaves sprout
on trees that have
died and been born
a thousand times.

2 comments:

  1. Mike, just to correct a slight unintentional errorr on your wonderful blog... Jake did not call me "antediluvian" but "Venerable". He was asked to describe me in one word. After a long, pensive pause his reply was "I was thinking of antediluvian but venerable is much more descriptive". Please correct this error. Thanks, Pop

    ReplyDelete