Sunday, January 24, 2010


This is the view from my front door. As you can see, I don't have to go far for beauty; I don't even need to step outside since all I need do is turn to see Cara beside me in bed. This has been an empty nest weekend, quiet and serene, but we miss our children.

American Tao -- No. 10

If only there was a Salvation Army bin
for the detritus in your brain.
And a playground--with swings and monkey
bars--for grown-ups.
And a way to feel the sun on your
face when feeling sad and lonely.
And to raise your children with love
and righteousness.
And to let the nonsense roll
off your back... while taking a break
from yourself when you're driving yourself mad.

So it is said,
"Expectation breeds resentment."
Who said that? A drunk on the mend,
I bet.

No comments:

Post a Comment