Friday, February 26, 2010


I had planned to take a picture of my woodlot, but I hesitate to bring the camera when I'm cutting and by the time I finished tonight I decided against walking "all the way" back. Instead I took this picture of the... barn? shed? future home when Cara kicks my sorry a_ _ out of the house?
As I've mentioned, I'm committed to getting 10 cord of wood cut, split and stacked before the black flies kick in so that I can do some serious hiking, kayaking, etc. Well, even though the rest of the country seems to being getting blasted with snow, we've had nothing but fog and rain. So I decided at work today that when I got home I'd put the rain-suit on fire up the chainsaw. When I first went out it was raining but it quickly turned to snow which was great luck because it's a lot more comfortable--and beautiful too. I've been trying to burn through a tank of gas a day, which takes about an hour, but I was feeling so good today I ended up going through two. Usually when I'm done I do push-ups and pull-ups in the shed (I'm gonna be mighty rugged soon, I'll tell ya), but there was no chance of that today. Anyway, in the last week I've only missed one day in the woods, so no complaints.
I've been enjoying the heck out of a book about the Appalachian Trail. You can get on the trail in Hanover, NH, pretty much right outside Max's door; so when he's sick and tired and he can't take it anymore he can just walk on over to my house.

No comments:

Post a Comment