Tuesday, February 9, 2010


Well, I landed my dream job today: personal trainer for the pop star Chilly P. The thing that kills me (other than the chance to get up close and "personal" with a mega-star--who, by the way, is a bit of a prima donna as she is just now demanding right-of-refusal over this post) is she always looks so good even without diet and exercise. Yesterday, for instance, we're at this conference at the college but we're sitting at separate tables. When the buffet is laid out people at my table are nudging me, saying, "look at Cara, first in line for the food." And then of course she goes back for seconds, thirds, you get the idea. But does she ever gain an ounce? She could go to sleep in a vat of Ben & Jerry's and still wake up slim and trim. Makes you sick, doesn't it?

I meant to take a picture out in the woods today because the sky was blue and then pink and the air had the whiff of spring (I swear) and for some reason I thought this would come across in a photo. But, truth is, your first impression would be of snow. Anyway, I'm sticking to my story: spring is on its way.

2 comments:

  1. She looks GREAT,,, as she always does. Obviously she doesn't take after her father. If I fell look at ice cream I gain 5lbs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You shouldn't have put Cara up. Now you're going to get all these comments in the future, "can you write some more about Cara and less about your wood shed" Not me of course. I want to hear all about you, Mike. I'm not interested in Cara. (Has she cooked banana bread lately, just wondering). I want to hear all about the wood shed. Any new furniture. Has Cara visited? When are you doing another poem? Is Cara in it?

    ReplyDelete