Thursday, June 10, 2010


This photo is from the first day of our hike. Usually I don't post such old stuff but I am without a camera so I had to go to the files. What kind of blogger doesn't have a camera?--the kind who mooches off his teenage daughter, I guess. I was checking out somebody else's blog today and he said that nature shots are always better when there's a person in them; I remember my friend Lorena (an actual artist) saying pretty much the same thing; so maybe I'm not a people person, because I'm just as happy looking at photos completely devoid of the human mug.

Tomorrow is the last student day of school. Yippee!!! and all that. Tonight I split wood with a maul, then went for a walk (hike?) with my pack carrying a 25 lb. bag of flour. Pretty odd workout regimen, I suppose, but it was tough enough that I only felt mildly guilty about having three hot dogs and a root beer.

Hope somebody out there is eating salad greens and drinking lots of water.

No comments:

Post a Comment