Friday, January 27, 2012

Today I went to see the taxman, then decided to pop into the barber shop for a haircut on my way home. While I was getting snipped (don't think I've used that expression since my vasectomy -- ha!), a couple young fellers I know drove up in a big honking 4X4. I said, must be nice, driving around in that thing in the snow. Yeah, it's good, the young buck says. Well, I wouldn't know, I say, I'm driving around in my old man car. Don't worry, says Wayne, the barber, you'll have a truck soon. You have so many vehicles you should have a dealer plate. That's what my father-in-law says, I say, every time I see him. Then I say, I'm slowing down though, I'm surprised you haven't noticed. Yeah, Wayne says, you've had that vehicle for two haircuts now. That's my marker, I tell him. Every third haircut I get a different car.
Now you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment