Sunday, January 29, 2012

We had to twist her arm, but Jake and I got Jessie to join us for our workout. But, like anybody else, she was glad she did and when she headed back to the house she was just plain pumped! We had one good laugh out there while doing "Bat Wings." In this exercise you lay face down on the bench while holding dumbbells up at your armpits, squeezing your shoulder blades together. Our deal was to do 5 sets of 10 seconds each. Typically what we do is count Mississippi's. But while I was doing a set Jake counted 1, then seemed to start thinking of something else. I figured that when he continued the count he'd pick up at 3 or 4; instead, after the long pause he picked up at 2. I started laughing so hard I ended up dropping the weights. Probably you had to be there, but when I say there's nothing quite like a good laugh with your children, I'm sure you know what I mean.

1 comment: