Tuesday, October 5, 2010

So now I'm in comment heaven. Jessie Sweet turned me to goo, and then Camille goes and gets me to melt down to the consistency of tapioca pudding (there's an image for ya). No more threats! And I'm sure my mother will be beaming with pride that the summer swing extravaganza in the wilds of Maine is now bearing fruit in the mean streets of NYC--sprouting through the cracks in the concrete, I suppose. But even with two left feet, Camille would light up the room.

Sold my 4-wheeler yesterday. I've sold so much junk over the years that people ask me to sell them things even when I'm not looking to sell them. That's what happened with the wheeler, and it's OK, because I'm anxious to see what I can do under my own steam. Today I hooked up a harness to an old tractor trailer and I was actually able to haul quite a bit of wood. Worked up enough of a sweat that I can fairly say it's a good alternative to the gym.

Next up is the purchase of a Wovel, which is a huge snow shovel propelled by a bicycle-sized wheel. It's won some innovation prizes and you can see it in action on YouTube. This will be my small bit, I guess, in the crusade to use less gasoline.

1 comment:

  1. you're really going to haul that wood without the tractor?

    ReplyDelete