Saturday, October 30, 2010


This is my dissolute weekend, drinking endless cups of coffee and reading a big fat novel. First thing this morning I mowed the lawn for the last time this year, so I could pretend to be among the living, but since then I've moved in a slow triangle between the chair and the couch and the coffee machine. Periodically I do load up the woodstoves, so that's sort of a like a job or a labor of love or something.

Love. I am also spending the weekend with my Chilly P.--who I wooed many moons ago by reading her Frank O'Hara poems, especially these lines from "Steps":

oh god it's wonderful
to get out of bed
and drink too much coffee
and smoke too many cigarettes
and love you so much

Again with the cigarettes, right? Yes to caffeine; no to nicotine; greasy hair, optional (see previous post about the Norwegian).

3 comments:

  1. For Chippy P's Cappucino, I think you're supposed to get the brown foam to form the shape of a heart, not a couple of brown dots.

    Did you THINK you could sneak a picture of trees into your blog without ME noticing. I did. It's right on that book cover. One might argue, twice. The second time as a reflection.
    POST COMMENT PREVIEW
    Okay, I see wrote Chippy instead of Chilly. Every time I visit you all that fresh air kills some more brain cells. But Cara IS Chippy, so I'll leave it, maybe she'll like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Better get working on your barista skills, those two brown dots kinda look like fried eggs in a cup.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, professional barista skills or not, I think you two are quite adorable!

    ReplyDelete