Monday, October 25, 2010

You can look at this (laptop screens)...

... or you can look at that.

But am I, perchance, a hypocrite? After all, I'm looking at a computer screen this very moment. Well, at least I know I have the ultimate requisite quality of being human. I haven't watched 60 Minutes in ages, but happened to catch it last night while I was ironing my clothes (told you I was a modern man), and there was an interesting little segment on Jane Goodall. She talked about how she started out with the supposition that chimps are much like humans, only nicer. What she discovered is that chimps are actually just like humans. In other words, they can be mean SOBS--but at least they don't run for office.

Now that I'm done ribbing my family and the rest of the human race, let me just say how absolutely wonderful it was to have Alice, Celia and Max here for the weekend. Alice has some great schemes up her sleeve, Celia is a clever and creative seamstress (more on that later), and Max--boy can he polish off some chocolate pie.

No comments:

Post a Comment