Saturday, December 11, 2010


Beware of hip book reviewers in boxy-framed glasses. I read a raft of glowing book reviews of Life by Keith Richards in the New Yorker and the Times, etc. so broke my 3-buck-a-book rule and plunked down 17 dollars for the degenerate rocker's life story. Unbelievable to me that not one of these reviewers called Keef on his unmitigated BS. Every other page he's bragging about what a tough guy he is--"had to show him the blade" and other crap like that. Have you seen Keith Richards? He's a shriveled up string bean. Hard for me to believe anyone would fall for his tough guy talk if he wasn't flanked by body guards. Plus all the good stuff, like how he and his girlfriend were propositioned by Marlon Brando, was in the reviews. So I really didn't need to read the book. Well, as promised, I will ship it off to Alice--and be glad to have this time-wasting tome out of my life!

3 comments:

  1. I'm at Alice's and I asked if she has spoken to you. She said she hasn't. I told her I hadn't spoken to you either, since you left, but Mom says you are back. Marilyn and kids are on Newbury Street. I just helped Celia with her math homework which took us (me) 2 hours for 1 problem. So, you see, lots of excitement down here in New England. We're now going out to eat, though no one can decide until we get out in the rain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey mike, i can't remember if i had ever mentioned www.artofmanliness.com - i think you'd find some of the articles interesting. i love the pictures you've put up, especially the wood stove with the snow. keep them coming.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Matt! About the pictures, and keeping them coming, I've never heard of the website. I look forward to reading the blog everyday though. :) You're the bestest in the westest (and the east)! ;)

    ReplyDelete