Saturday, December 25, 2010

Merry, merry Christmas!

Jake and Jessie are pictured in front of my mother's lovingly decorated house. Evie is not in the photo because she declined to go on the group walk of Lucy--even though my mother strongly indicated that the walk was not optional.

Eye gave us absolutely beautiful pillow covers from Thailand; Hieu and Amila gave us books and assorted other goodies. So I guess Cara and I made out like bandits. Plus, Easy can now rejoice as my mother gave us a new compost bin.

But I have to say that the ultimate Christmas moment was when Amila opened the Manchester United sweatshirt from Pop and Debbie--she was giddy, for sure, and put that hoodie on like it was a fur coat. Hieu and Eye and Amila have never celebrated Christmas before, so I think they are getting a kick out of the whole enterprise.

Having our own children home with their fantastic friends is, by far, the best gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment