Wednesday, December 1, 2010

View from the dooryard, post grunting and groaning in the woods. You people probably heard of my sister's 3-day fast--awe-inspiring, if perhaps on the kooky side. Well, in my current bachelorhood I decided to try out my own program of self-denial. A bit ironic, I guess, since it's when the wife is away that you should feel free to gorge on greasy cheeseburgers. At any rate, I've spent the last couple of days essentially subsisting on green smoothies. The thing of it is, though, it's so tasty that the "suffering" is a treat. The recipe is as follows (you'll notice there are no measurements; I just dump stuff into the blender):
frozen blueberries
banana
frozen spinach
fat-free yogurt
pomegranate juice


I'm not sure if somebody could puff me up more than Camille with her last comment--though it was really Cara and Jessie who engendered the compliment-fest. I remember that picture of Jessie and me on the swing. I believe I might have once had a framed copy of it--or do I just remember seeing the photo at Jaime and Lorena's? I wish I had it in digital format so I could put it on the blog. If I could go back in time and sit on that swing with Jessie in my lap... makes me want to cry.

No comments:

Post a Comment