Sunday, March 28, 2010

Headed into Boston to celebrate the 50th of this man--Kevin Mann--my cousin and an inspiration to me in my youth. We spent the summer of 1975 listening to Born To Run. I'd like to explain the impact of that, but I'm still trying to figure it out. Kevin is pictured with his son Jackson who looks more like the Kevin I remember than Kevin himself.

The co-celebrant at the party was my beautiful sister Alice, whose age I do not believe I'm at liberty to disclose. All I can tell you is that the detox (from sugar, flour, caffeine) is working: she positively glows. Now my brother Max, pictured beside her, does not glow, but he is my best friend on this earth. I could not ask for better siblings.

That's me, the Chief Executive Officer of Wisdom in the Birches, presenting another happy follower with her dollar for providing witty commentary. Her husband Chris stands in the background, clearly plotting how to get his hands on the loot. Hey Chris, if you married my sister for her money you're barking up the wrong tree.





4 comments:

  1. Thanks for coming to my party. I was thrilled and honored to see you, Cara, and Evie!!

    And hey world, I'm 45! When life is so happy, there is no fear in sharing your age :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You don't know about her secret treasure...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for coming to MY party. I am not totally sure, but have been told that I was Glowing as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your glow, Mr. Mann, is of a permanent nature; therefore, its mention is wholly unnecessary.

    ReplyDelete