Monday, March 29, 2010

Pouring rain and I have a bad cold so I've done nothing all day but slough around in my pj's. Mustered up the energy to run out to the mailbox in my anti-style rain suit to collect a couple more acceptance packages (BC and Carnegie Melon) for Jessie. Perhaps it's unseemly, but I just can't stop myself from bragging. She is one smart cookie!!! (I know what you're thinking, and I agree: she didn't get it from me).

Happy birthday Alice!

One unhappy note: it has recently come to my attention that the Richard E. Cirillo Fund for Grandfathers without Jobs is a sham. I discovered this when he used embezzled funds to treat us to breakfast at Tim Horton's. Although I surely enjoyed my breakfast sandwich and coffee (let's not talk about the donut), it saddens me that I am complicit in this sordid affair. If you have unwittingly donated money due to requests made on Wisdom in the Birches, please drop me a line and I will forward a like contribution to the charity of your choice.

Visiting hours for Richard at the Bridgton Penitentiary will be posted at a later date.

2 comments:

  1. Dear followers of this blog please be advised that it is true that I am currently in the Bridgton jail (under indictment).I have yet to be tried and am presumed to be innocent. One of my fellow prisoners is non other than Bernie Madoff.
    He and I are both here because the monies that we collected were for our famlies e.g.sons-in law.
    It appears that everytime we take our families out to Tim Horton's they become "frugal" and we end up paying the check.
    Please be assured that all funds will be paid back.
    Thank you for your patience in this matter.
    Richard

    ReplyDelete