Wednesday, March 31, 2010




This sounds like one of those How-do-you-know-you're-a-redneck? type deals, but I've sometimes thought I wouldn't mind having an old beauty like this parked in my yard. Not so I could dream of doing a restoration or anything somewhat sensible like that, but just for the art of it. I mean, really, look at the palette of color on that door. You could never produce that in a studio. Like I've mentioned before, I love old iron.

Whenever we go on a trip we have that long drive home through the willy-wags and we're tired and frazzled, but then we turn onto Ridge Rd in Marshfield and get that warm feeling of belonging (even though we're "from away"). This truck has been in the same spot--well I don't think it's going to start up anytime soon--and it's become something of a landmark in my mind.





No comments:

Post a Comment