Friday, September 3, 2010


The calm before the storm. We moved the boats and took in the furniture in preparation for Earl, though something tells me his bark will be worse than his bite. Famous last words, perhaps, but since we're actually prepared, with the generator primed, extra fuel and water, etc., we've probably put him into the jinx. The brains at Colby obviously aren't too worried, since Jessie left this morning for her backpacking trip and the plan is for the group to sleep under a tarp. Hmm, even in my failure to take the storm all that seriously I still believe my Sweet will wake up in a soak.
Easy is fixing us some macaroni and broccoli (comfort food for the Italian set), so we'll be eating at just about our usual bed-time. I guess Cara and I will be living the wild party life now that we have free reign in the empty nest. But back to Judy: sad to say she's returning to Cincy on Tuesday, even though we've implored her to move to Maine. She says there's not enough to do here, but if you check out her blog, The Final Quarter, you'll see that her social calendar would wipe out a person half her age.
I'm not sure where she gets the energy, and it appears to have skipped a generation. Cara, my love, is in the bath at 8:00 and conked out by 9:00. Me, I'd hit the sack at 7:00 if they'd let me.

2 comments:

  1. hey mike, glad to hear everything is good your way. i love reading your posts as i check in every now & than. anyway enjoy the fall weather that will be soon approaching. i would say it is one of the greatest things about maine & something i miss dearly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does my heart good to read that my son in law would like me to stay. Even though I am often too opinionated (so I take after my mother) and quick to express those opinions. It's wonderful being near my little family. Wish I could take a tuck in the country and bring both coasts closer to Cincinnati. I love you and your blog.
    Judy

    ReplyDelete