Monday, September 6, 2010

Happy Labor Day. Time to be thankful if you have a job--it's rough out there. Speaking of rough, I decided to do the signature workout of the days when I was fit (a decade ago) called the Pyramid. You do one pull-up, two push-ups, three crunches, then two pull-ups, four push-ups and nine crunches, continuing this progression until you reach 10 pull-ups, 20 push-ups and 30 crunches; then you do the same thing on the downside until you're back to 1,2,3. When the workout is complete you will have done 100 pull-ups, 200 push-ups and 300 crunches. Back in the days of abs and biceps I could complete the drill in 28 minutes. This morning it took me over an hour, and when I was finished I was both triumphant and nauseous. Nothing a little oatmeal won't cure...
It was interesting to hear that Jessie saw the anti-wind turbine petition on the trail. I saw the same one when Ernie and I were waiting for the ferry to take us across the Kennebec. Then at a lean-to a thru-hiker had left a diatribe about saving rural Maine vs. saving the planet. So, you see, my post was actually a stolen idea. But it is heartfelt.
Well, it has been a glorious summer--made richer by our friends and family in the Birch Wisdom universe (oops, still got that mouse in my pocket).

No comments:

Post a Comment