Thursday, September 9, 2010

Tonight I ran in the rain. Now I'm dry and comfy in my "loungewear," getting ready to enjoy the meal Cara and I always pictured ourselves eating in our empty nest days: crusty bread and brie with a salad. Simple and romantic with no clean-up. I guess those are really the stages of life: restaurants in your twenties, mac and cheese in your thirties when you have young kids, bread and cheese in your forties when your kids leave home (and then it's on to anything you can put in a blender when you have no teeth).

1 comment:

  1. I see that no one has commented in a while. So I feel I must support BW with some commentary. It's a nice picture of those trees, but you have posted pictures of trees before, maybe not as good trees as those, but trees good enough to make one think of trees. I mean, I thought of trees when I looked at them. What I haven't seen is a picture of you in your loungewear eating crusty bread and cheese. I'm sure Cara would be quite happy to operate the camera for that because I'm having a problem with the "crusty" thing and "simple clean-up". I'm also curious about the romantic thing. Do you kiss Cara or does she kiss you over the brie plate? Or is it romantic because you both ignore the cruty crumbs on the floor?

    ReplyDelete