Sunday, September 5, 2010

This morning we had our date with the cool breezes of Downeast Maine. Lovely. Yet on the heels of wistful feelings of the old days in NY with the Sunday Times and bagels and cream cheese. Would I still buy a hard copy of the finger-staining Times if we lived in NY, or just read it for free on-line like I do here? We'll never know, I guess, but my sense is that we move on even if we stay in the same place. I had a professor in grad school who called the NY Times "the white man's burden." I always got a kick out of that. He, the professor, took pride in never reading newspapers or watching the news. Smart man. Because, as we now know--and has been scientifically proven--it's just the same dung, different day.

1 comment:

  1. I live closer to NYC and do neither, read it in paper or online.

    ReplyDelete