Thursday, February 10, 2011

As soon as the school buses pulled out of the parking lot, I practically ran out of the building. All I could think about was getting out for a ski. Shimmering sun and perfect snow--"the way life should be," as they say here in the Pine Tree State. I thought about how, given the choice, I'd rather ski on a crisp winter day then lay on the beach in the hot summer sun. But then, in the big scheme of things, I suppose one complements the other. Having said all that, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't rather be trekking in Nepal!!! O Camille, you have so much to share.
Sad, really, how little I've traveled. Partly because I'm a garden-variety agoraphobe, partly because we didn't have the means while raising our beautiful children, and now partly because my wife will not get on a plane.
Still, you never know, and in the meantime: happy happy trails!

No comments:

Post a Comment