Wednesday, February 16, 2011


This is how the interval workout works: Jake is about to press the medicine ball after coming out of a squat while I'm jumping rope. When the timer beeps, we switch and I do squats while Jake jumps rope. As you can see, Jake has a fair bit of blubber on him, so it's got to be cardio all the time. I jest, of course, but did you know that high intensity workouts with a strength component are actually better fat-burners than slogging around for hours on end? Yet people waste hours of their lives trudging in place on a treadmill while watching Fox TV--that just couldn't possibly not cause cancer or something. Again, I jest...
But about this, I kid you not: today is the day my most beautiful, precious, sweetest Sweetheart in the World turns 19. I love you so much Jessie, and I can remember the day you were born (an absolutely perfect sunny day) as if it was yesterday. I wish we were together so I could give you all the birthday kisses and hugs to which you're entitled. I LOVE MY SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!
For the record, the workout above: 5 sets, 8 minutes each, alternating jump rope/squats and jump rope/woodchoppers. In the morning we did the woodshed workout, even though it was 5 degrees outside. Once again, once out of the wind, no problem.

3 comments:

  1. I love you too, Daddy Yo! And I can't wait to see you again. I have to say, it gave me a little pang when I realized this was the first morning in all of my years that I wasn't woken up with a birthday kiss from you and Mum! Keep going with the workouts, looks like two very buff Rottersman generations to me. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY WORD, JAKE('s back) IS RIPPED.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My Grandson looks GREAT!!! Can't wait to see his abs next. Keep up the good work. Caption for the picture should be "Jack Lalanne and his son Jake'.

    ReplyDelete