Monday, February 7, 2011

Rolled out of bed and into some rolled oats with cranberries and bananas. Fortified and ready for the day! Did the woodshed workout with Ernie where we talked about this summer's big hike: the 100 Mile Wilderness. As its name suggests, it's the most remote section of the Appalachian Trail, and I'm chomping at the bit to get out there.
This afternoon I had a more agita-inducing session. It was Woodshed Workout II, where I did all the same stuff as this morning (3 sets: 20 push-ups, 10 pull-ups, 30 crunches) but with a set of 30 reps of the 5 lb. heavy rope between each set of the body weight exercises. That means when you're getting into position to do the pull-ups--which are already tough enough--you're panting like a dog.
After all that (which actually only took 20 minutes), I went for a slow snow-shoe that was just heavenly. Float on my friends, float on.

No comments:

Post a Comment