Wednesday, February 9, 2011

There used to be a restaurant called Dojo's in the East Village where I would go and eat crunchy vegetables (broccoli, etc.) on wild rice. It was pretty much my favorite meal and it came into my mind because that's basically what I made tonight for dinner. You see, I was always meant to be a plant eater.
This morning I did a woodshed workout variation (bicycle pull-ups, push-ups, knee-up crunches and kettlebell curls) in the 5 degree chill. We really weren't cold though--so long as you keep moving and stay out of the wind, you're good to go. And of course our workout facility is a practical palace. One other note: Ernie and I could actually see each other without need of our headlamps. So I reiterate: Spring is coming.
Jump rope in the afternoon for 45 minutes. But I'm not saying it's 45 minutes non-stop. I'm constantly getting the rope tangled up in my big feet. I have fun, and I get sweaty, but I'm no Muhammad Ali.

1 comment:

  1. Dojo ranks HIGH among the things I miss most about NYC/the U.S. My mother also has very fond memories of that place. Regarding my trekking, prepare to get real jealous real soon. That's all I'm going to say about that.
    You need to start planning your trip here- it's eternal spring and pretty much the dirtiest but most wholesome and lovely place I could imagine. WARM WARM afternoons and chilly chilly evenings. It's heaven on earth and you'd get in all of your workouts just from doing your own daily routine.

    ReplyDelete