Saturday, April 16, 2011

This is the cool daddy bike that Easy bought me for my birthday. Actually she didn't purchase the bike itself, but sent me a hundred beans and told me to knock myself out. Well done Easy! I love the bike because it's a single speed, no gears or cables or other excess junk I don't need since the only place I ride is as flat as a pancake. Had a most wonderful ride this morning, on this, the first day of our April break.
Today is also the first day of the Burpee Challenge that Jake and I have undertaken. The deal is that you have to do 5,000 burpees in 100 days. Most people do 1 on day 1, 2 on day 2, etc. But we've decided to just get to the goal by any means necessary. We're shooting for a minimum of 50 a day. Today we did 100, so obviously we're a slight bit ahead of the game. I need to build up at least a week of leeway, because there isn't a snowball's chance I'll be doing any burpees out on the Appalachian Trail. Lugging around a 25 lb. pack is challenging enough.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, how'd you get a bike before me?! I've been on my obsessed craigslist bike pursuit for weeks now.

    ReplyDelete