Monday, April 4, 2011

This is my niece Celia practicing her double-unders. I'm not bitter, but she reeled off 8 of them about 3 minutes after learning to do one. It took me weeks to get to that point, but then again I don't have the pliable mind and body of a 15 year old. Nevertheless, I was duly impressed. It was supposed to be my rest day, but I ended up doing two workouts with Celia and her friend Nicole (they promised their coach not to be slugs). Well, it was good preparation for the most outrageously delicious vegan chocolate cake Cara made for my birthday.
Yes, I am now 48 years old, and proud of it. In my nearly half century on this beautiful earth I have acquired 1 beautiful wife, 2 awesome siblings (I suppose my parents are more responsible for that!), 3 amazing children and the rare ability to do 65 consecutive double-unders. That's right Celia, 65!!!!!, so it's time for you to get crack-a-lackin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment