Sunday, April 17, 2011

Well, Alice, I'll tell you how I pulled if off. I went online and had them mail that bad boy right to my front door. There's actually another birthday gift that came to my door--a weighted hula hoop from you! Thank you so much. I don't know why I got so many gifts this year, but I have been feeling lucky. Believe it or not, you have to put the hula hoop together (the bike of course also required a bit of assembly) and we have not yet done that (I don't know why); but when the circle is completed I'll be sure to post a picture of us in mid-swivel.
One more thing, my dear sister, you are the one who got me into the whole exercise/food challenge thing, so perhaps you'd be interested in joining the 5,000 burpee party. Come to think of it, the hula hoop and the burpee probably go together like peanut butter and jelly--definitely a workout in my near future.

2 comments:

  1. Spoke to Jake today.He said that the "burpee" thing isn't the only thing you do while exercising. Your most invested stockholder in the "Brooklyn Union Gas Co." $$$Pop$$$$$

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought the hula hoop might add a little silly fun to your workouts. Not that it doesn't sound like you're already having fun doing 5000 burpees and all. I'd join you on the challenge -- you know I do love a challenge --but honestly not sure I even know what the heck a burpee is. Even after all your explaining. Maybe I will have Celia show me.

    Lately haven't had much time for workouts. Which has actually turned out to be a blessing in disguise. Only running two miles. But because I'm in a hurry, my focus has been on improving my speed. I know it won't sound like much, but for first time today ran it in under 20 minutes. That is about 2 minutes faster than my usual pace.

    I owe it all to Celia who advised me to start off strong. Like in crew where they do the Power 15. And once I start out a higher pace, I am loathe to drop it down much and lose my time.

    ReplyDelete