Saturday, April 23, 2011

Yesterday, shortly after my bout of self-recrimination, I took my single-speed down to the Sunrise Trail and had a ride that was nothing but pure joy. I took this self-portrait as I was riding, wishing I could bottle the happiness. Perhaps a picture is not the next-best thing, but at least you can be reminded that I have a truly impressive pair of nostrils.
Today Jake and I worked on prepping our raised garden beds, hauled some wood, then came inside and got a good read on as the sky opened in its sparkling glory. Unfortunately, Jessie Sweet is not feeling so glorious, just straight-out under the weather. It's hard to not be there to comfort your children when they're sick--I can still remember my mother stroking my forehead when I lay in bed torn asunder with fever. Well, here's a hug for you Jessie. Now get a good night's sleep.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sending a big hug your way too Daddy-Yo!! Can't wait to be home in a few weeks and get a real one. :)

    ReplyDelete