Thursday, April 7, 2011

When I was younger I didn't understand the social nicety of not talking about politics or religion; but now, I'm fully in line with the sentiment. There is plenty else that should be kept to yourself, but what if you're an open book, if you're not much for secrets. What if you have a personal blog or spend hours a day on Facebook. Is nothing sacred?
I'm just trying to think of something to say here, but then I keep scrolling back and erasing my words. Too bad that's not a feature of real life, where you could edit out all the stupid things you say after you've already stuck your foot in your mouth.
But then, there too, as you get older, you care less about what people think. So, so-and-so misunderstood something you said. So what.
So, what I'm trying to say right here, right now, is that listening to myself talk has lost its luster; and yet, I go on.

No comments:

Post a Comment