Monday, September 5, 2011

As we walked a hidden footpath running alongside the Machias River in Whitneyville, I was hit with pangs of hunger, and found myself in the midst of a carnivorous daydream. I told Cara I could really go for a big, juicy hamburger. She then told a tantalizing tale of the crusty bread salami sandwiches she used to eat in France. What's a plant-eater to do? When we got home I emptied the refrigerator of leftovers (stuffed summer squash, new potatoes, corn, etc.) into a sizzling pan of peppers and onions and the result tasted suspiciously like Shepard's Pie--but meatless, of course. I suppose that's nothing but the power of a hungry man's imagination.
Years ago I diagnosed myself with GAD (Generalized Anxiety Disorder) and naturally decided to self-medicate. My medication of choice? Exercise. Check out the research: it really works. So anyway, late this afternoon I started to feel a bit wound up. I went out to the shed for a "pill," which in this case was a blast from the recent past. Burpees!
I did so many that I got to feeling a bit pukie. I treated that with Cara's delicious spaghetti with mushrooms and spinach, and now I'm feeling sated, relaxed and ready for some low-brow entertainment.
Hope you've enjoyed your long weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to see you're back! Oh and sorry I woke you guys up. I guess bedtime gets even earlier once I leave.... I love you!

    ReplyDelete