Thursday, September 29, 2011

Today, in my world, people seemed to struggle with their emotions. A friend at work, noticing the same thing, said she thought it was the change of seasons. Though I totally believe that to be a possibility, I don't feel at all tuned into it. If anything, I feel like I passed through my own strange bio-rythm in the beginning of the week (when the weather was bright and sunny) but now feel calm and tranquil. I hate to see people in crisis, but then it makes me feel good to help those in a state of disequilibrium. When Jake was a toddler he loved Thomas the Tank Engine, and I was always struck when watching it with him (don't you just love Ringo Starr?!) that the highest compliment that Thomas could receive from Sir Topham Hatt was to be called "a useful engine." I just loved that. It's exactly what I want out of life: to be a useful engine.

No comments:

Post a Comment