Tuesday, September 20, 2011

The night before my trip I popped into Radio Shack and bought a new camera. I got some awesome pics both on my way up and on my way down the mountain, but the ones that pleased me most were those that I took at the summit of various thru-hikers completing their long, arduous journey. I planned to post a shot today of a guy who went by the trail name "John Wayne." He was posed standing atop the Mt. Katahdin sign in a Boston Bruins shirt he carried up just for that moment. But somehow all of my photos have been lost to the ether. A bit of a heartbreaker for me, but, as the saying goes, life will go on.
Speaking of life going on, I went to the Doc today for the first time since beginning my plant-eating lifestyle. I had taken myself off Lipitor in January, when I began this journey, so convinced was I that the diet would make the difference. If that had turned out not to be the case I would have been sorely disappointed. But now I can be an even bigger cheerleader for the cause because my cholesterol went from 258 to 177. So toss those pills, if you can, and dig into some spinach.

No comments:

Post a Comment