Wednesday, September 7, 2011


Men who read generally prefer non-fiction; women lean toward novels. The Oprah seal of approval is the kiss of death for a book seeking to attract male readers. Me, I pretty much split it down the middle. Right now, and I'll blame it on the rain, I'm in the midst of a novel I'm enjoying so much I feel like I could get lost in fiction forever. The point of all this is that, though there is conflicting research on the matter, I'm here to tell you that there are actual bi-readers (those who enjoy fiction and non-fiction equally). So read what you want--and fellas, you can even go and read an Oprah book. Don't ask, don't tell.

2 comments:

  1. What a GREAT picture... Jessie is really beautiful. Glad you can take pictures again. Oh, by the way, you are not to bad looking yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually I disagree...

    Not with Richard's comment about your handsomeness or Jessie's beauty which I wholeheartedly agree with

    But with the dividing line between reading material between men and women. I think it has more to do with age. I pretty much only read nonfiction now, when I was younger I only read fiction.

    ReplyDelete